Posting New Pictures Of Dorothy

This forum is for our posters to share ideas on how the site could be improved, or what you would like to see added. I can always be contacted by private message and e-mail, but I believe this board will be a chance for everybody to share suggestions, and build on them. Please let me know how I can make our little tribute to Dorothy's life even better!

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Posting New Pictures Of Dorothy

Postby Good Dog » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:56 pm

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to allow fans to post Dorothy pictures from their PC instead of requiring that the image be hosted on the web. After all, it would allow us to share pictures that are not already out there. And isn't that the whole point of even posting a picture on this site? Why would anyone want to see a picture that's already available?

I know absolutely nothing about websites. So I do not know what this entails. It could be a gigantic pain with all sorts of complications. But I thought I did it on Shyla's old site. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I think that would be the best improvement to the site and the most beneficial to us fans. Much more than a chat area. Which can be accomplished via organizing any IM program.

But that's just my opinion.
Good Dog

Postby davetom » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 pm

i agree good dog!

davetom
davetom

Postby davetom » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:55 pm

davetom

Postby William » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Good Dog-

I've got a good amount of storage here with my web provider. I'm going to check out to see what type of direct upload capabilities the forum/my site might have. I certainly have no problem whatsoever in taking any photos you guys send in and saving them on the website. I just want to see if there's a way you can all do it from the forum.

We'll see what I find. :)
William
Site Admin

Postby MagicMarie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 pm

If I can offer a follow-up to the wonderful suggestion by Good Dog - maybe have a separate forum called 'Dorothy Scrapbook' (or something along those lines) where it would be nothing but pictures? And have separate stickified threads where each might belong (for example one for movies, one for magazines, etc.)
This way it makes them easier to find and they're not all scattered about. :D
MagicMarie

Postby William » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:48 am

Well, if the other members of the forum want this as well, it wouldn't be difficult to do.

It would have to be with the provision that pictures used are not from any of the private collections that Steve and Good Dog have put up on Steve's site. That is the sole place where they are allowed. I don't think it would be a problem, but any non-public domain pictures that were posted here would be immediately taken down.
William
Site Admin

Postby MagicMarie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:36 pm

*Nods* Like I was telling Elise, maybe it would work as an admin-only forum (as in only the admin would be allowed to post the pictures). So it would be a scrapbook for the rest of us to go through and reminisce.
Also, regarding the subject of plagiarism, best to have it a password-protected forum and the only people permitted to have access are those you know to be trustworthy. :)
MagicMarie

Postby William » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:25 am

I'll ask Elise about this when I talk to her again!
William
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feedback