Dorothy Merchandise

This forum is for our posters to share ideas on how the site could be improved, or what you would like to see added. I can always be contacted by private message and e-mail, but I believe this board will be a chance for everybody to share suggestions, and build on them. Please let me know how I can make our little tribute to Dorothy's life even better!

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Dorothy Merchandise

Postby Charlie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 am

Perhaps there could be a sectiion dedicated to Dorothy Merchandise.
I am in a Dorothy drought so it would be useful to me.
Donna has offered to help me with videos.
I am not able to go on e-bay so....
It could be possible to set up some sort of network where we could send eachother goodies?

Probably a fare way off sinse there is still a but of heat here.
But its just an idea I had.
Charlie

Postby medalia » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:20 am

You and anyone else looking for ALL things Dorothy Stratten just have to go to www.dorothystratten.com. It's up-to-date and it's through AMAZON so people even living the friggin boonies like you Charlie can order EVERYTHING that one would ever need. Good Luck! :D
medalia

Postby Donna30 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 am

Maybe she also means like TV stories of Dorothy that arent available for sale. Davetom I think it was mentioned that he had a Current Affair story on Dorothy, I had never seen it and maybe we can all contribute things that arent avaiable for sale and like trade or something. Thats a good idea.
Donna30

Postby medalia » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:05 am

Charlie's gonna be getting practically everything through you Donna so she should definately be set for quite awhile! :D And all Charlie would need to do for anything else (book-wise at least) is to go to the Dorothy site because EVERYTHING is there. 8)
medalia

Postby Charlie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:14 am

Cool!
Thanks guys!
I keep forgetting to go there!

I am wary about buying things over the net though.
Would you believe I am actually more use to correspondence?
Habit I have with other message board members on other sites.

I hope when everything settles down here we all learn to trust eachother a little and no more fighting becuase I would love to beable to get to know Dorothy a little better...as well as all of you! :P

I will ask my parents about buying stuff off the net but it feels a little dangerous doing that.
Charlie

Steve's site

Postby Elise Anderson Cash » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:46 pm

Hands down the only place I would trust (including Ebay!) is purchasing through Steve's website. He has put SO MUCH of his own money into his site and it costs him a fortune to buy those pictures, let me tell you the man is a real fighter on Ebay to get the pics! And the fact that he shares them with us so graciously is amazing to me. Charlie I understand being wary of buying things off the Internet but with Steve I'm sure that if you didn't want to pay for something electronically with a credit card he would arrange something with you like a money gram or western union or something. He is a freaking SAINT and anyone who knows him would tell you that not only would he get you the best possible Dorothy products in existence, he will make sure you are happy with them. Its not like you'd be buying from some "stranger" (no pun intended, really), this is a person we all know and highly respect and if it were not for him this forum and most of the information on the Internet about Dorothy would not exist. so if you really want to *buy* Dorothy merchandise, that is the place to go. I wouldn't expect however that you'll find ANYONE else besides Donna that would just send you free stuff about dorothy because everything about her sells for a fortune on Ebay and people fight over it and there has been alot of bad business involved with that in the past, people selling fakes, lying, etc. Dorothy is an icon to an extent and as you can see, finding anything of hers or about her is very difficult, so be ready to get out your checkbook!! Steve's site is definitely the most reasonable, the most unique, and he cares about what he does a great deal. Plus a small percentage of the sale of some of the items like movies goes directly back into his website so he can purchase more photos or whatever for his site, which I think is great! Why should the poor guy be paying for all her pictures and then showing them to the world for free? I think anything we can do to keep his site going is totally worthwhile. So no excuses about not trusting buying off the Internet, this is like buying from your brother (if you had one, and he was a good guy!!). If you can trust Donna to do all this work for free and give it to you, and we just know her on here (and like I said she is a gem), you can pay for professionally done Dorothy stuff on Steve's site with a total guarantee!! If you got ripped off on his site I would personally swim to Australia and give you your money back :lol: :lol: :lol: Elise
I knew Dorothy when I was a young teenager and she made a lifelong impression on my life. she willl always be near and dear to my heart and I pray that this website will glorify her and keep her memory sacred.
Elise Anderson Cash
Site Admin

Postby William » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:16 pm

"most unique"

<i>cringes</i> aargh, that's my pet peeve, lol.

Bad Elise :D

/hugs
William
Site Admin

Postby William » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:21 pm

But I agree on Steve's site, I would only buy things through his site. He's posted about a few users on Ebay that are not trustworthy in the past.
William
Site Admin

Postby medalia » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:15 pm

Steve has put his life and soul into that website! Where would ANY of us be without www.dorothystratten.com or Steve?
medalia

Return to Suggestions and Feedback