July 10th 2016 Antenna TV

This is a general discussion forum about Dorothy Stratten where friends, fans and family may gather to share memories of Miss 'D'. Please remain respectful of Dorothy, her family, and of your fellow posters at all times.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

July 10th 2016 Antenna TV

Postby davetom » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Happy Summer Everyone!

Steve from The Official Dorothy Stratten Web Page sent out an email with information regarding Dorothy on Johnny Carson.

Antenna TV will be airing that episode on July 10th 2016.

Set your DVRs!

Davetom
davetom

Re: July 10th 2016 Antenna TV

Postby davetom » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Its listed too!
Attachments
dstv7102016.jpg
dstv7102016.jpg (149.12 KiB) Viewed 755 times
davetom

Postby William » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 am

I'll finally get to see the whole interview.
William
Site Admin

Postby davetom » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Hello:

They aired the complete interview. And it didn't go down like PB said.

Very interesting. She was so very charming. And Johnny was very courteous and shy almost.

Asked her about her looks growing up, talked about her eyes being to small and her lips, how make up helps her.

What a find!

Davetom
davetom

Postby davetom » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Here is part of a news story regarding The Tonight Show :

Bright future
While backstage, the then-16-year-old Morning got to meet another of the guests on the program, actress Dorothy Stratten. The Playboy Playmate of the Year appeared to have a bright future in film. Morning said Stratten sat next to him, was very nice and gave him her autograph.

Only a few months later, on Aug. 14, Stratten was murdered by her ex-husband and business manager. A TV movie and a feature film, “Star 80,” were made of her short life.

Other guests that night included legendary actor Charlton Heston, the “Ben Hur” star whose films that year included “The Mountain Men” and “The Awakening.” Heston died in 2008.

Comedian Bobby Kelton made one of what would be four appearances that year on “The Tonight Show.” He would go on to appear with Carson a total of 21 times.
davetom

Postby William » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:05 am

I saw my DVR "record button" come on tonight, and it recorded both Ray Donovan and The Tonight Show. Right after I got my Ray Donovan fix, I watched the old Carson episode. The only part I'd not seen was the after the commercial break segment, which was quite short. Just Johnny telling Dorothy that they were about out of time. Dorothy had mentioned to him during the break that she was filming a movie, and D.R. mentioned that she had only a few weeks left to finish Peter Bogdanovich's They All Laughed. Johnny then read off the names of the guests for the next show, and they cut to everybody leaving the stage. I'll have to go back and look at what shoes she was wearing, but wow, she wasn't kidding when she said she was 5'9".

If I could figure out how to get programming off of my darned DVR, and to my computer, I'd upload it to Youtube. Heck, I could even just upload the video to my own site, or our forum. I haven't tried a firewire yet--maybe I don't have to. I don't think Antenna TV would have a rights coding prohibiting copying the content to another medium like HBO and all the other premium channels have.

While it was really wonderful seeing this again, I couldn't help but feel sad, once again. She literally was the sweetest woman you could ever hope to meet. When she was talking about the items she'd been gifted with after being named PMOY, she actually seemed a little embarrassed. What a beautiful lady, inside and out. Not even four months later, she was gone.
William
Site Admin

Postby Donna30 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:34 am

I think they edited the interview, on the Youtube one, Carson commented on how pretty she was and that in person she was more prettier than her pictures, I didn't see that part in last nights airing. I think they cut the interview down a bit.
Donna30

Postby Jasondr91 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Patiently waiting for you guys to hopefully upload this to the site! :D
Jasondr91

Postby William » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Jason, the interview is on Youtube.

The quality is fair, but you can see the majority of the interview, though I do agree it was slightly cut down. I'd like to see the unedited original master from the show, but I don't think we'll ever see it. Not sure how much was cut off, but it does seem that there were slightly more interviews running than I remember the Carson show running back in the day.

Still, it's just nice to see whatever has been posted.

If somebody can tell me how to extract it from my DVR, I can post it. I've just never been able to figure out how. I have a ton of programs on my DVR I'd love to burn to Blu-ray.
William
Site Admin

Postby Jasondr91 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:43 am

Thanks William for the embedding. I am familiar with this short version of the JC interview, but was hoping there was an updated version possibly showing more that's been described recently.

You know what would be priceless? A video of Snider going apeshit in the green room. I want to say I read long ago during the taping, PS was having another one of his classic fits during the taping.
Jasondr91

Postby skipper » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:28 pm

The Paley Center in L. A. has the April 30, 1980 Tonight Show in it's entirety. Second floor viewing library, ask at the desk. A minute
or so longer, and nice to see it all.
skipper

Postby William » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:43 pm

Thank you, Skipper. If I make it out to L.A., I'll keep that in mind.
William
Site Admin

Return to Everything Dorothy