Welcome...please read before posting...

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Welcome...please read before posting...

Postby William » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:44 pm

First and foremost, welcome one and all to the new Dorothy's Forum! This is our little corner of the internet set aside to honor the memory of the wonderful Dorothy Stratten.

If you are here, chances are that you already know of Dorothy, the story of her life, and her tragic passing. If not, I would highly recommend that you visit the best site on the internet for everything about Ms. D.

www.dorothystratten.com (clicking this link will open up a seperate browser page so you do not lose your place here...)

This website is a veritable treasure trove of Dorothy pictures, stories, poems, movie and television tidbits, and rare interviews from people that knew and loved Dorothy. I cannot begin to tell you all how many hours I have spent there. The site administrator, Steve, has assembled everything you could ever want to know about this wonderful young woman. Please note that we are in no way in competition with his site. These boards are merely a means for fans of Dorothy's to assemble, and share memories. Steve has taken great care to safeguard Dorothy's memory, and I will do the same here. Others have tried to take advantage of her after her passing. People tried to take advantage of her during her life. I for will one will not let that happen here. Quite simply, this forum is a celebration of Dorothy's life.

This site is an updated version of a forum started several years ago by our original webmistress Shyla. The old site was named Forever Dorothy.

Shyla had been unable to update the site for some time, and the members posting on the forum there asked for a new place to post. They wanted a forum that would be moderated, thereby exercising control over what people could say, and avoid some of the personal attacks that ran unfettered. Initially, this board was registered as www.foreverdorothy.com. I thought that Shyla's forum had been abandoned, and after speaking with several people, decided to register it with the same name, only because the new board would be a continuation of the old. That was a mistake. I apologize for any harm I caused by doing so. So, I have registered this new domain, and the people from the original Forever Dorothy forum have followed me here. No malice was intended when this board was started, I just wanted to help by making a safe place for people to discuss D. I hope this site will grow, and make her proud!

Now, the fun stuff. The rules. There are very few. Have fun above all else. This is meant to be a happy place that remembers Dorothy's life, not one that focuses on how she died. That has been well covered in film and in print media. I would ask everybody here to remain respectful of one another at all times, and above all else, be respectful of Dorothy and her family. We all know that she became famous at first because of her appearance in Playboy Magazine. Discussion about her pictorials is fine, as are pictures so long as they are tasteful. This means no nudity, please. If I see nude pics, the post will be deleted. This is my decision, and I will not allow Dorothy to be objectified. If it becomes an issue, I will have no second thoughts about banning a poster. I ask very little, but I do ask you respect this simple request. Thank you.

Also, disparaging remarks about Paul Snider will not be tolerated at all. If you are with an agenda, your visit will be short lived. We all know what he did, and do not need to dwell on it further. He tried to control her in life. Now her spirit is free.

That's pretty much it. The easiest thing to remember is this. If Dorothy were reading these boards, would something you posted embarrass her? Well, I truly believe she is still with us in spirit. Let that be a guide when you post. These boards are meant as an homage to her gentle nature, and her passion for life. Leave the negativity at the door please.

Thank you again, and welcome! Let's have some fun!!

William,
Admin of Dorothy's Forum.com
Last edited by William on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William
Site Admin

G'day

Postby Charlie » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:04 pm

You know...I have lost count as to how many forums I have joined over the last year. :lol:

Glad to be here!
Charlie

Postby William » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Well, I won't ask you to sign up anywhere else. I think this site and name are safe :)
William
Site Admin

Postby Charlie » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:03 am

Thats true....we will just have to see about the members now wont we? :wink:
Charlie

Postby MaverickDRfan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:01 pm

I guess we've "seen about the newest members"...so just needed to put a new post over this one.

Back to the cool, regular members.
Remember the times of the past, but bring forth finer times of the future,
And think not of what we are missing, but what we are gaining...
Dorothy fan since the beginning.
MaverickDRfan

Re: Welcome...please read before posting...

Postby catnipsmile » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Dear William,
The site www.dorothystratten.com is gone. Wrote to Steve to see what was going on. Hope he's o.k. & all his hard work isn't gone for good. That was the best site with some of the most beautiful pictures of Dorothy. I hope to see it back up real soon. Please post if you have any news about it. Steve posted my question to Elise asking about if Dorothy had a hairdressing job, taking the bus. I was so proud of that. Sorry, I just never had anything posted before from anyone famous. Thank you for your time.
Always, Angela
catnipsmile

Postby catnipsmile » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 am

William, Elise & Dorothy Fans,
Got an email from Steve & he's looking into it. Hopefully it'll be on again soon. :D
catnipsmile

Postby catnipsmile » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 pm

William, Elise & Dorothy Fans,
Steve's site back up & running! Yhay!
Always, Angela
catnipsmile

Postby William » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:19 am

I had your e-mail open in another window when I saw some new posts here. Good to know everything is ok.

When something like that happens, it's always best to just give it a few days. There could be a number of reasons why a site might show as down-the site admin might be doing something with the database, could be doing a simple site upgrade, or redesign, or the web host could be temporarily down. Sometimes, the hamster needs a day off. :D
William
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements