Warning for PC users

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Warning for PC users

Postby Donna30 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi all,
I am using a public PC typing this because on Friday my computer was attacked with 2 trojans and 4 viruses. I am giving a heads up because my Nortons 2009 antivirus and Microsoft Malicious software removal tool from Microsoft.com didnt pick up on anything and they told me that all was fine when it wasnt at all!!
I didnt trust the nothing is wrong verdict and on a hunch took it to best buy to the geek squad and they ran a scan and my hunch was right.
My PC is sitting in line waiting to be fixed and it costed me $325.00 for the removal & backup and they said it will take 2 weeks :(
Please be careful and if you notice your PC acting weird in any way or you got a hunch something is wrong take it to be checked immediatly. I do online banking and ran over the weekend like mad to change all my passwords.
If you suspect it to be infected diconnect it from the internet at once. Microsoft didnt even pick up on the trojans.
Donna
Donna30

Postby William » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks, Donna. I watch my computer like a hawk :D
William
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements