Forum upgrade upcoming!

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Forum upgrade upcoming!

Postby William » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Within the next few weeks, I will be upgrading this forum to phpbb v 3.0. There are a few reasons for doing this.

From a technical/security standpoint, it makes sense. It will allow me to do more with the forum from a customization standpoint, and allow me to do more behind the scenes to keep our little forum happy and secure. I don't need to go into a lot of detail here, it should be pretty self explanatory.

Before I proceed however, I need to make sure that all the user information here, and our database, is secure. I've made backups before, but I want to make absolutely certain all our info is safe before doing the upgrade.

Finally, the forum will get a much needed facelift. I would like to see the forum simply look better. Steve @ www.dorothystratten.com has been gracious enough to allow me to use a few images from his site (and of course he will be fully credited when I do upgrade). I'd like to see what I can do :D

We have a small family here. Maybe with an upgrade a few more people that read but don't post (and I know they're out there based on the web traffic we get) will join us.

I'll keep you all up to date with the changes we make here.

Be well!

William
William
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements