Welcome to the boards...don't be shy!!

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Welcome to the boards...don't be shy!!

Postby William » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:44 am

As the man behind the curtain here, so to speak, I see the traffic that we get over a period of time. Lots of people are coming here, but for one reason or another, have not signed up and shared their thoughts and memories with us..

Everybody is welcome to join us....regardless of how you came to know about Dorothy Ruth. If you knew her, or if you just have grown to admire the lady she was, tell us how you feel. If you can be respectful of Dorothy, and the posters here, you are encouraged to jump in the discussion.

If you have questions, email me, and I will do my best to answer them.
William
Site Admin

Hello there

Postby salvatore1989 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi all, looks like I finally made it. Greetings from New York City.
salvatore1989

Postby Elise Anderson Cash » Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Welcome to the forum Salvatore. We are always glad to have new members join us. You are not our only member from NYC, there are more on the forum. We need more East Coast representing on here! Again welcome.
Elise Cash
I knew Dorothy when I was a young teenager and she made a lifelong impression on my life. she willl always be near and dear to my heart and I pray that this website will glorify her and keep her memory sacred.
Elise Anderson Cash
Site Admin

Postby William » Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 am

Welcome to the boards, Salvatore!! Good to meet you! :D
William
Site Admin

Postby MagicMarie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 am

Hi all!

West coast reporting in! I must admit I've been lurking by reading through (not signing up just yet) but this looks like a wonderful, informative forum.

Take care,
~Marie
MagicMarie

Postby DSFAN » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 am

MagicMarie wrote:Hi all!

West coast reporting in! I must admit I've been lurking by reading through (not signing up just yet) but this looks like a wonderful, informative forum.

Take care,
~Marie

DSFAN

Postby William » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:25 am

Again, welcome Marie! Good to have you with us.

Look forward to chatting with you :)
William
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi, my name's Nancy. :D
Nancy

Postby Elise Anderson Cash » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:56 pm

Welcome to all our new members, so glad to see we are expanding slowly but surely here. Dorothy would never have believed me if I had told her that one day we would be having this awesome board in remembrance of her. She never got over the big deal people made of her when she moved to LA, she would have been blown away by all this. Thanks so much guys for keeping this going, it means so much to me personally that we can do this for her. Welcome again, we're so glad to have more members flowing in, let's start up some good posts!!
Take Care
Elise
I knew Dorothy when I was a young teenager and she made a lifelong impression on my life. she willl always be near and dear to my heart and I pray that this website will glorify her and keep her memory sacred.
Elise Anderson Cash
Site Admin

Postby MagicMarie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Nancy, and welcome!

I'm new as well so hi from another newbie. :D
MagicMarie

Postby William » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:06 am

Welcome Nancy /wave

It is nice to see new people joining. It makes me feel like we've done a good job in honoring Dorothy, and creating a friendly a friendly place where we can all talk!
William
Site Admin

The new guy...

Postby DotsFan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi there all. I look forward to getting to know you ...
DotsFan
DotsFan

New to the Board

Postby burgtwngrl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:07 pm

:) Hi My Name is Lisa... I've been a Dorothy Stratton Fan since I saw Star 80 I would love to learn more about her not just her Tragic End. Are there anyone on here that knew Dorothy?

I look forward to spending time on this board getting to know all of you and Dorothy better.

Lisa
A closed Mouth Gathers No Foot
burgtwngrl

Welcome Lisa

Postby Elise Anderson Cash » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Welcome Lisa!
We're glad to have more new members here and always look forward to new topics and discussions! You'll find out more useful information on here about Dorothy than I believe you will from any book or documentary done about her. I was lucky enough to have know her while she lived in L.A., but not nearly as much as I wished I could have known her. If you read through many of the topics on here you'll find out so much information about her that you will ever find anywhere else. There are so many people on here that know more about Dorothy than I could ever have imagined. I was lucky to have known her as a friend for a short time, but most people on here know more about her and her work/life than I ever will. I think you will enjoy getting to know everyone and especially getting to know the little know things about Dorothy that we have been lucky enough to accumulate!
Welcome again!
Elise
Elise Anderson Cash
Site Admin

Postby William » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:40 am

Welcome to the forum, Lisa :)

You might also check out Steve's site (dorothystratten.com). With the help of some of our wonderful members, he has assembled more information, and rare Dorothy items than anywhere else you will ever see.

We are all very protective of Dorothy's memory. This isn't a super busy forum as unfortunately there's not often a lot of new Dorothy news as it's been near 30 years since her passing. But there's a wealth of information here, and a lot of good people to boot :)
William
Site Admin

Next

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements