Let's liven this place up...please read this and respond!!

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Postby Friedel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:19 am

About Dorothy looking different in many pictures, as if she was another person every time , I do agree. I pointed that out before. It is not regarding age or makeup, but it's just her expression, her facial mimic, she never looks the same.
She would have made a super model for sure....she had it all......
* A Will, A Way . *
Friedel

Postby davetom » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I live in the Pacific NW, love sports, golf, tennis, football and
going to the gym almost everyday. Xbox and Wii too!
Computers and graphic art also.

I became interested in Dorothy because she came into the restaurant
I was working at; you can read the story on Steve's site.

I feel that I have to hold back a lot of my information because of
Certain people I have encountered on Dorothy sites in the past.
I find it fascinating that Dorothy's story can have such a big impact
On peoples lives.

I can understand how Elise is protective of Dorothy, she actually knew
her as a friend.

But the others (the dark ones, Star, Medaliah, Sunny) who carry this
Obsessive ness (loving a dead person and wanting to be her)
Are interesting and frightening at the same time.

And I also agree that Dorothy could look different in her pictures.
I have some Playboy pics I haven
davetom

hello DSF

Postby Fauxhammmer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:32 pm

Just wanted to say hello and give a little bit about myself in the DSF tradition, ....I'm 37 and live in New York, have been so all my life and have been a DS fan since I was 9. I first saw DS in "Galaxina" on HBO of all places at my grandparents house.
All I can say is I was mesmirized by her, and that word does not do justice to how I felt.... and I simply can not explain that to this day and I have never felt that way with anyone else. Unfortunately that was also when I learned of her death, my father was talking to my grandfather and asked if that was the girl that was murdered last year by her husband, my grandfater said it was. I was instantly demoralized, in the same day as a 9 year old I was in love and crushed all within a span of about 5 minutes and have obviously never forgotten her!!!
I guess the bigger question was why adults were letting a 9 year old watch "Galaxina"............ but we'll save that for a later topic!!
As chance would have it that same grandfathers house was where I found her Playmate of the year edition in the attic years later, thankfully in excellent condition.
After I read this, I can imagine the thoughts about this particular grandfather, but all I can say is if it wasn't for him I may have never have known about her, and sometimes given the circumstances around her maybe I wish I didn't. I still breaks my heart to think about her and the circumstances surrounding her life and death.
As with everyone else I have my opinions regarding the men in her life and who is to blame for what and why, but will save those for a later date
I would just like to state that I am glad to be a part of this forum, even if its just reading the posts.
To many times if I have ever brought up her name, people always respond..."who".!! So to be able to read or respond to people who have the same passion for DS as I have, makes me smile.
Happy New Year
Mike
Fauxhammmer

Postby Elise Anderson Cash » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Welcome Fauxhammer, we're glad to have more new people signing on. And thanks for sharing your story about how you came to be a fan of Dorothy's. I think its one of the most interesting things we can share on this board is how people came to know of her. Especially when we rarely come across any new information on her. But it is fun to have new people come on here and share their own stories because in a way that is something "new" to us about Dorothy. I think that is the nicest thing we can do for her!
Take care,
Elise Anderson Cash
I knew Dorothy when I was a young teenager and she made a lifelong impression on my life. she willl always be near and dear to my heart and I pray that this website will glorify her and keep her memory sacred.
Elise Anderson Cash
Site Admin

Postby William » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Welcome to the forum, Fauxhammer!! Happy new year!
William
Site Admin

Postby Fauxhammmer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Thank You Elise and William for the welcome.....very glad to be here....keep up the good work!!!
Fauxhammmer

Re: Let's liven this place up...please read this and respond

Postby MaverickDRfan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:51 am

Hi guys! Long time no talk! This is an awesome thread....getting to know everyone. I just realized....this thread goes back a bit...but turns out it's Thanksgiving again. I wanted to comment on something TheOtherLondon said on here....regarding the talk show where he met Dorothy? Back then, cant remember exactly when, but maybe someone can do the research... ...there were a few talk shows going on here.

One (on the west coast...Vancouver) was none other than The Alan Thicke show. Might be too late, but the one before him was The Alan Hamel Show...Suzanne Somers' hubby. I think Dorothy would have been on one of those, depending when one or the other was on. If anyone finds their way thru that, there should be some pics or even vids of the show going on back then. Good luck!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all our American brothas and sistas!
Remember the times of the past, but bring forth finer times of the future,
And think not of what we are missing, but what we are gaining...
Dorothy fan since the beginning.
MaverickDRfan

Postby William » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:44 am

Hi Brett, good to hear from you again! I responded to your private message. Let's see about getting this place a little more active, ok?

I do know for a fact that Dorothy appeared on the Alan Hamel Show on January 3, 1980 per imdb. Hamel's show ran thru 1980, so it is fortunate that the show lasted long enough for her to appear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1352469/

There is no mention, however, of her appearing on the Alan Thicke show.

I remember seeing Dorothy interviewed on a few shows, and footage of at least two of those interviews were included on Dorothy's A&E Biography DVD. And of course, she appeared on the Tonight Show With Johnny Carson. That interview should still be on Youtube.

Let me see what I can find.
William
Site Admin

Postby William » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 am

Brett, I rewatched the DVD. Two of Dorothy's interviews are included, though I don't know who the interviewer/shows are. I took a couple of screenies, and cleaned them up as much as possible in Photoshop (the DVD was produced in 2004, but keep in mind, the source material is 32 years old, so it's not high quality. The advent of VHS tape was in the late 70's, so this is likely the source).

Our friend Steve (the owner of dorothystratten.com) was involved in the DVD's production, providing some of the still photos. I'll contact him to see if he has any idea which shows these were from. It's been a few years since he last posted here.

The first one appears to be a local morning show in Vancouver (notice the "AM" on the mug on the table).

If anybody else has any information, please share!
William
Site Admin

Postby William » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 am

By the way, just saw that his site is under 32,000 visits from a million. If that's not an indicator that people still remember Dorothy Ruth, I don't know what is! :D
William
Site Admin

Postby Donna30 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm

I always though the second picture was The Alan Hamel Show.
I was always curious as to what tv show Dorothy was on in the picture below.
Attachments
doro10.jpg
doro10.jpg (41.82 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
Donna30

Postby MaverickDRfan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Second pic is not Alan Hamel, but actually looks a bit like Rich Little. I suppose that's possible, but..... Maybe we're getting somewhere...
Remember the times of the past, but bring forth finer times of the future,
And think not of what we are missing, but what we are gaining...
Dorothy fan since the beginning.
MaverickDRfan

Previous

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements