My introduction...

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

My introduction...

Postby Kriz » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:54 pm

Hello there,I'm Kriz. Just wanted to say hello. I have read what your rules are and you can be sure I will respect them.
A bit on my history-
I started modeling when I was 14 and came out to LA (where I live now) when I was 17 for work. It was then that I met my ex fiance who was a big DS fan. He admitted to me after a few years that his initial attraction to me was because I reminded him of her. On our second date we watched "Star 80" and then he had me watch her movies and her untold story.
I had never heard of her but was touched by her real interviews and of course her story.
I have been to the plaboy mansion on many occasions for parties and even turned down a pictorial for plaboy when I was 19. I was a baby and couldn't imagine my parents reaction...I know it wouldn't have been good!
Anyway-I have always thought Dorothy was a special person and It's nice to see her memory being kept alive here.
Kriz

Postby davetom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:31 am

Welcome Kriz,

Looking forward to some new thougths here.

Davetom
davetom

Postby Kriz » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome,however,you have me confused for someone else! I have never been on another message board for DS. My name is not Sunny. I have never in my life claimed to look like her. I became a fan because my ex fiance had that opinion. I certainly am not here to claim anything like that!
So,to be very clear. I am not "Sunny". Scouts honor.
Kriz

Postby William » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:52 pm

Welcome, Kriz, good to meet you :) Welcome to the discussion...
William
Site Admin

Ooops!

Postby Elise Anderson Cash » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:33 am

Kriz-
again, welcome, and I'm GLAD you are not Sunny, but I know that the folks on here that have been long time members noticed the similarites so quick, that I immediately got several PMS from people saying "uh oh is she back"?
So that being said, please accept my apologies and my welcome again because this place is a wonderful place to talk about Dorothy and to get to know each other. you will find that many of us are jaded because the horrible things that happened to Dorothy still affect me and everyone on here whether they knew her on not. Unfortunately even in death Dorothy has drawn many sick, pschopathic people to her (notice I did not just say men, because we've had some crazy chicks on here too!) and we are quick to kick them off of here. I think you will find that 99% of the people here sharge the same opinions and HEALTHY love for Dorothy. so please post away, and I'm glad you read the "rules" (I hate that word, its more like guidelines) but as a whole we are very sensitive on here about what gets said about D because so much of the world is cluttered with sensationlaized crap about her. This is a place to share about her, find out lots of things you didn't know, and hopefully give us a new perspective as well.
And I am going to get Bill to take off my last post, not nly did I ump to conclusions on this, I also completely mistyped something so ridiculous that I made myself laugh out loud (something about if people remembered me if would be for my kind spirit or something like that). THa tis not what I meant to say, I meant to say that I hoped that people would remember Dorothy's kind spirit and goodness and not just her beauty, and I HOPED that if it were me I would be remembered for such things. Not that I AM that way :twisted: LOLOL
I'm really nice, I promise, I am just a bit of a pit bull when it comes to my dear friend who has no one here to protect her memories, since her family and any friends she had in Canada never have really spoken up. I wan't even her GOOD friend, I idolized her and hung out with her the whole time she lived in LA and for the most part of the negative things that were going on with her before her death, I knew nothing of it. I'm nobody special, just a kid that she let hang out and rollerskate with her and she made me feel special and beautiful. How often does anyone ever get to be buddies with someone as special as her when they are in their formative years? I was so lucky, but unlucky too in that I had to see the aftermath of what was done to her, both in her death and then in the press coverage of it. That has made me into quite a skeptic. I just want everyone to know what an awesome person she was, that she wasn't just a great pair of boobs in a PB shoot!!
Thanks and take care all
Elise
I knew Dorothy when I was a young teenager and she made a lifelong impression on my life. she willl always be near and dear to my heart and I pray that this website will glorify her and keep her memory sacred.
Elise Anderson Cash
Site Admin

Re: Ooops!

Postby William » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:18 am

Elise Anderson Cash wrote:And I am going to get Bill to take off my last post

Done ;) And Elise is our resident pit bull, but we like her that way. She's a sweetie unless you step out of bounds, then the teeth come out (and why not?)
William
Site Admin

Postby Kriz » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:46 am

No worries...thanks for the apology. I'm sorry you have had to deal with less than pleasant Dorothy fans in the past.
I think anytime you have someone like her that exuded so much love and warmth you'll attract the opposite kind of people.
So,thanks again for the re-welcome!
Kriz

Postby theotherlondon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:27 pm

Hey Kriz, Welcome :D
theotherlondon

Postby William » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:41 am

I hope Kriz comes back to join us soon :)
William
Site Admin

Postby davetom » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:47 am

Me too!

dt
davetom

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements