Has Dr. Steven Cushner ever spoken about Dorothy?

Welcome to Dorothy's Forum! If you are new to our site, please begin here. All future announcements about the forum will be posted here as well.

Moderators: William, Elise Anderson Cash

Has Dr. Steven Cushner ever spoken about Dorothy?

Postby William » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:37 am

I'm wondering if the man that lived with Dorothy and Paul has ever spoken in public about Dorothy. I wouldn't be interested in his recollections of that fateful day, but I would like to know more about what he thought of Dorothy personally.

I have never seen any interviews with him, and very little mention of him.
William
Site Admin

Postby Donna30 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:57 am

Yes, he was in the E! story done on Dorothy and I think he was also in The A&E one and The Untold Story. So is Dorothys Dairy Queen boss Dave Redlick.
Donna30

Postby unicornrising » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:01 am

Wasn't the doctor that shared the house with Dorothy and Paul giving his insight into Paul's personality on one of the bio's? I know it wasn't A&E because I just watched that not too long ago and Chip Clark one of Paul's friends had said 'Dorothy was in a den of wolves, all three men were pulling her strings H.H, P.B and P.S". She didn't have a chance, she went most of her life without postive male influence, came to Hollywood and was overwhelmed. I have read in various publications and it was mentioned in one of the movie bio's that she cried alot and was on meds for nerves.I personally don't think this was all due to Paul's overbearing personality I think alot of it had to do with this huge shift in the direction of her life and missing her family.Elise ,you must have been a Godsend to her in that period of time.What great buddies you must have been to each other! I sure would have liked to have been a fly on the wall :lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder if Dorothy had been older, say middle to late twenties with a little more worldly experience under her belt how this story would be playing out now?
"Hopelessly devoted to Dorothy"
unicornrising

Postby davetom » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 pm

has anyone noticed that when they

ever they interview Chip Clark isnt

he just a little tooo happy to talk about the story?

davetom
davetom

Postby unicornrising » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:20 pm

I agree, maybe he should change his name to "Chipper" he is very perky about the situation when he recalls it. A little somber respect would go along ways. But.. I don't know the man and maybe that is how he copes with the memories.
"Hopelessly devoted to Dorothy"
unicornrising

Re:

Postby dstrattenfan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:00 am

davetom wrote:has anyone noticed that when they

ever they interview Chip Clark isnt

he just a little too happy to talk about the story?

davetom

One comment he made in the tHS that was appalling was when he was talking about when D was shooting Galaxina..He talks about at this time D and Paul relationship had pretty much desecrated and he goes on to say....that he had never seen someone drive so much...Paul would be on the set like the creepy slimy weasel he was hovering over D trying to show his "authority" Up and back, up and back he would drive to the set.....and he has the NERVE to say "It was pretty entertaining to watch somebody dogging someone that insistently." He is a scum bucket just like Paul and i could see then why they were friends....and the most disturbing thing was he was LAUGHING about it!!!! WTF seriously...Why didn't he try to stop Paul from doing that????
I know about heartaches....I know all the mistakes that young love can make--I've made them...
Patsy Cline 1958
dstrattenfan

Re: Has Dr. Steven Cushner ever spoken about Dorothy?

Postby Donna30 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 am

What burns me is that some woman who was on THS I think her name was Patti Laurmen said that Paul was looking at "big ol Shotguns" or talking about getting one or a gun & also someone said that Paul was talking about if a playmate was murdered it would be big news, something to that effect, and they knew about the detective he hired to follow Dorothy & Paul's weird behavior, yet none of them put 2 & 2 together or at least tell the police that Paul , a man who might or might not be in the US legally, is obtaining or talking about getting a weapon, or at least tell Dorothy whats going on, werent they her friends too? Thats stuff you dont keep to yourself. Maybe things wouldve been different if they all opened there mouths, maybe Dorothy wouldnt of seen him alone that day & preferred to see him in a public only. Paul says the shotgun was for protection?? Protection from what?? The guy had no money & no known threats against him. None of them knew that Dorothy might be in danger? Patti , Chip or the doctor? Ummm..... hello you know the guy is looking for guns and is talking about murdered playmates.
Donna30

Re: Has Dr. Steven Cushner ever spoken about Dorothy?

Postby dstrattenfan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:11 am

Donna30 wrote:What burns me is that some woman who was on THS I think her name was Patti Laurmen said that Paul was looking at "big ol Shotguns" or talking about getting one or a gun & also someone said that Paul was talking about if a playmate was murdered it would be big news, something to that effect, and they knew about the detective he hired to follow Dorothy & Paul's weird behavior, yet none of them put 2 & 2 together or at least tell the police that Paul , a man who might or might not be in the US legally, is obtaining or talking about getting a weapon, or at least tell Dorothy whats going on, werent they her friends too? Thats stuff you dont keep to yourself. Maybe things wouldve been different if they all opened there mouths, maybe Dorothy wouldnt of seen him alone that day & preferred to see him in a public only. Paul says the shotgun was for protection?? Protection from what?? The guy had no money & no known threats against him. None of them knew that Dorothy might be in danger? Patti , Chip or the doctor? Ummm..... hello you know the guy is looking for guns and is talking about murdered playmates.

I know right it just makes u sick to ur stomach :oops:
I know about heartaches....I know all the mistakes that young love can make--I've made them...
Patsy Cline 1958
dstrattenfan

Return to Welcome Forum/Announcements